Charles J. Musto, DMD
As a native of Northeastern Pennsylvania, Dr. Musto graduated from the Scranton Preparatory School and earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Scranton (cum laude). Each of these Jesuit institutions, located in Scranton, Pennsylvania, are founded and directed in the tradition of The Society of Jesus, an order of Catholic priests and brothers founded by Saint Ignatius of Loyola in 1540 and dedicated to Catholic secondary and higher education throughout the world.
To attain his Doctorate of Medical Dentistry degree, Dr. Musto attended the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. While a student dentist, he served as president of the American Student Dental Association (ASDA) at the University of Pittsburgh, delegate to the National ASDA, and liaison to the Dental Society of Western Pennsylvania. After graduation, he chose to continue his dental training in the fields of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry. Dr. Musto received his specialty certificate in Periodontology from University of Pittsburgh. Upon completion of his residency, he and his wife returned to Northeastern Pennsylvania.
Dr. Musto has been practicing Periodontology and Implant Dentistry in his Forty Fort, Pennsylvania office since 1992. Dr. Musto is past President and board member of the Luzerne County Dental Society. He maintains a Pennsylvania license to practice anesthesia and serves as a Pennsylvania State Anesthesia Inspector. Dr. Musto has participated in numerous continuing education courses in the dental field and has provided live instructional surgical training to both general and specialty practitioners. Dr. Musto is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and is a member of the American Academy of Periodontology, American Academy of Osseointegration, American Dental Association, Pennsylvania Dental Association, and Luzerne County Dental Society. He specializes in the treatment of gum disease, Dental Implants, and oral medicine.
When away from his office, Dr. Musto dedicates his time to being a private pilot. He also practices the art of Tang Soo Do Karate, for which he has achieved a 3rd-degree black belt, and to his passion of rebuilding and refurbishing antique cars, particularly the Ford Thunderbird. Dr. Musto resides in Forty Fort, Pennsylvania with his wife Lisa and daughters Christa and Vanessa.
Dr. Musto's C.V.
920 Wyoming Avenue, Suite 203
Forty Fort, Pennsylvania 18704 - 3970
Office: 570-283-3611 Fax: 570-283-3396
- 1990-1992 Post Graduate Periodontology Residency; University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1986-1990 D.M.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1982-1986 B.S. Biology, Cum Laude, University of Scranton; Scranton, Pennsylvania
- 1978-1982 Scranton Preparatory School; Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Implantology: Comparison of Tomographic vs. Conventional Radiography for Implant Placement
- 2005-Present Pennsylvania State Anesthesia Inspector
- 1999-Present Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- 1998-Present Provider of in office live surgical training of both general and specialty practitioners in the field of dental implants
- 1995-1997 Constitution and By-Laws Committee, LCDS
- 1994-1996 Chairman, Peer Review Committee, LCDS
- 1994-1996 Chairman, Public Relations Committee, LCDS
- 1994-1995 President Elect, Luzerne County Dental Society
- 1993-1994 Program Chairman, Luzerne County Dental Society
- 1992-1997 Board Member, Luzerne County Dental Society
- 1989-1990 Liaison to the Dental Society of Western Pennsylvania
- 1989-1990 ASDA President of the University of Pittsburgh
- 1986-1990 Delegate to the ASDA National
- 1992-Present American Academy of Osseointegration
- 1992-Present International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- 1992-Present Luzerne County Dental Association
- 1990-Present American Dental Association
- 1990-Present Pennsylvania Dental Association
- 1990-Present American Academy of Periodontology
- 1990-Present Pennsylvania State Anesthesia License
- 1990-Present Pennsylvania State Dental License
- Personal and professional references available upon request